Thursday, December 3, 2015

Update #6

So by the weekend arrived, my nerves were completely frayed and it actually took me a whole week to realize why: Sarah was home for her winter break!  Yeah,  that's what having two kids does to your brain.  Sarah,  when you grow up and read this, don't feel bad. You'll know when you have your own 3 year old in sha Allah :p So much energy in such a little human being!  Also... The talking... I thought NAK was exaggerating and being unfair when he was talking about how much his girls talk... now I totally understand.

Anyway it being husband's birthday, I made biryani and baghare timatar and it turned out 👌 alhamdulillah. I also indulged myself in some retail therapy buying gifts and stuff for myself. On Sunday, we found a nearby cafe that sells churros... yummy! It was a good weekend, alhamdulillah!

Tuesday was one dish party day (no Appy, everyone makes a different dish and gets it to the party,  the same as a potluck)... and I was hurried and bhurried... made mummy's macaroni, packed it along with the  icecream, readied both kids and landed up one hour late. :/ well people came later too but not good :/ it was at a beautiful condo in Bedok with trees and  swimming pools surrounding us. I was thinking of jannah and the promise of flowing rivers and gardens. It was noon though so I got really tired and dehydrated and ended up with a massive headache. Luckily I had the macaroni and didn't have to cook. Ate the yummiest chocolate pudding and want to make it someday.

Today was really depressing what with hearing about the floods in Chennai from N, S'ra and her cancer & chemotherapy, the shootings, the bombings in Syria... felt like yes, Qiyamah is near.

Been more patient with the kids. I need to be more present. Went to sunplaza park because it hadn't rained and got a good walk in.  Alhamdulillah for all the blessings we have been showered with. May Allah ta'ala help those who are in need and bring peace to those who are grieving.

No comments: