Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Almost 9

2 (no, 4)  weeks ago:

Sarah, as you lie in my lap, or half-lie, your current favourite way to fall asleep, let me state the one thing that has struck me over the past month: I love the way you love me. I know a mother's love is unconditional and it is, but it is so fulfilling to see and feel your love, alhamdulillah. I've always been one for touchy-feely love and I can't put into words the way I feel when you come crawling towards me and put your head in my lap, or when we're just hugging cheek-to-cheek, or when you close your eyes and laugh when I tickle you... I love you so much and am so grateful for the blessing you are alhamdulillah.

Your current favourite person is your Ammaarah didi and you squeal and laugh when you see her. She loves you so much too in her crazy, almost violent ways and it's beautiful to hear both of you laughing together. Baba and Nanu also are the happy recipients of your excited, hand-clapping love as is Munawwar bi!

You've become very naughty and eating at the dastar-khwan has become almost impossible because you HAVE to get into everything. If by a miracle you're not interested in the food spread out, you're crawling at high speed towards the door or the nearest pair of slippers. I usually never manage to eat with everyone else or Baba who's always done early takes you away to the jhula or the tv room so the rest of us can eat in peace.

Your current obsession is learning to stand and now you will lean on the gaw takya and then stand up leaning against the wall. You love crawling under the table and chairs and start crying when stuck. You make clicking noises with your tongue when you're in your exploratory mode. You can say 'dadada' and 'tatata', when you're sleepy you say 'abbvwuu' and you rant using a combination of the sounds above when you're really frustrated.

You're not a fussy eater alhamdulillah. You eat rice cereal, khichdi, bananas, boiled potatoes, zatar, boiled dal (favourite!) and will bug your grandparents for tea whenever you see them having some.

Updated today: Sarah, you stood for a few seconds without any support today!
You do this really cute sideways   bending thing, then laugh when we copy you. You laugh when nanu starts aa chuchchu and are trying to learn how to say aao by extending your palm in front of you. You love grabbing peoples lips or noses -- Ouch!


You also got your first bruise when you fell two days ago.

As you ce closer to completing 9 months, I just want to say that despite all the sleepless nights (you're meeting all your other milestones so well, why not this one?! :'( ) and having to hover around you constantly, I love you so so much and am so grateful for you.

Lots of love,
Your mommy

No comments: