Wednesday, August 29, 2012

7 weeks

Dear Sarah,

Two days ago you began to smile "socially". You had smiled at me earlier too but then you fell sick in between and I guess getting through the day was all you could manage. You smiled when you heard my voice and I was thrilled.   Then you wouldn't go to sleep, or if you did, not for more than an hour. This was after you kept me awake most of the previous night so by the end of the yesterday, I was at the end of my rope. Your grandparents were also surprised at this behavior and the constant crying and took turns with you to give me a break. I really don't know how I'll manage on my own once we go back. Alhamdulillah, you slept really well last night and I hope today will be good too. 

I love you so much... The world seems like such a scary place now... And when I read about deaths/famines/earthquakes/accidents I thank Alah ta'ala for being safe and sound with you and pray that Allah makes life easier for all mothers.

No comments: