Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Monday, January 23, 2012
I apologize for my long absence. As you do not know, things have been a little crazy around here. Insha'allah they should be back to normal soon.
Not much has happened since my last post. Ammaarah continues to spout crazy lines that leave my jaw on the floor. Sample this:
The power's gone out right after Maghrib and the house is in darkness. Mummy's tuition students usually come in around 6:30 PM. Ammaarah who's worried by this says 'Ab bachche aate na padhne? Phir light nai hai na?'
Baba comes into the room bearing an emergency light. So Mummy says "Apan log yeh light leke oopar chale jainge" (Oopar being the hall where the students sit)
Ammaarah worriedly says, "Phir baba? Baba ke paas light nai rehti na?" (Ammaarah is quite scared of darkness - last Bakrid when the power went out in the night, she said to the goats "Dekho light chale gayi toh kuch bhi nai hota. Aap log animals hai na, isliye ghar ke andar nai bula sakte")
So Mummy jokingly said, "Jaane do baba ku"
Ammaarah persisted, "Lekin baba ke paas light nai rehti na?"
So Mummy again said, "Jaane do light nai hai toh, kya hota?"
To which Ammaarah burst out: "Kyun?! Aakhir uno bhi toh insaan hain na?"
:D The worst part is that she now knows that was very funny and wants everyone to know about this story :|
I have had several blogging ideas come up recently but then I keep thinking each deserves a separate post and then never get around to it. I hope to do so soon, insha'allah.
Goodbhai for now.
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
- Perhaps one of the greatest blessings in this world, a caring husband.
- Ammaarah's laughter. Or hearing her sing "La la la la la la laaaa, 5 million people on the roaaaaaddd". Don't ask me where she picked that up from. Nobody knows.
- Best friends. I wouldn't trade the sisterhood for anything.
- The great people I work with on the client side. Let's not talk about my manager.
- My fambly. I love my mommy and daddy and I told my mommy so, especially when she packed tali hui pyaaz for me when I was coming back from Hyd.
- Farhat Hashmi, Nouman Ali Khan and all the other scholars I have access to, thanks to the internet. Yes internet, I love you too.
- Not being constipated. 'Nuff said.