Friday, December 2, 2011

Leaving on a trayn

We leave for "our native" today, insha'allah. There's the usual mix of trepidation and excitement, this time there's just a wee bit more of the former.

Things at work are slowing down, alhamdulillah. I need to start picking up the things I've been ignoring, even at work. My actual manager is so pissed at me right now that he won't even speak to me. I used to think I was sentimental, now I find there are people much older than me who take things extremely personally and then behave like this.

These days I'm beginning to feel the urge to just clap my hands on my ears and drown out the million voices around me. Leave me be, please.

We still haven't packed and all I want to do is go back to bed for a snooze. So I shall. There's no point sitting here and rubbing my bleary eyes hoping something meaningful will find its way out here. Goodbhai! See you on the other side! (I have no idea what that means. Why do people say that?)

No comments: