Saturday, July 23, 2011

In my head...

I’ve been having a crazy week. Not crazy-busy at my job but in my head. There is too much to process, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and mostly, things that make me anxious. I think I had my first-ever anxiety attack on Wednesday night but alhamdulillah for the husband who didn’t flinch for a second but calmly held me while having me inhale some Vicks so that I could finally breathe properly. I think if I were in his place, I would have had a bigger panic attack myself!

Insha’allah, everything will get resolved soon enough. I’m not worrying this weekend insha’allah though I expect some exam-anxiety coming up with my final Arabic 101 exam beginning on Sunday.

* * *

I just realized the other day that if you’re in a bad mood, the best thing to do is to direct your focus somewhere else, and a good khutbah always helps.

“In the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest” – I believe in this more and more with every passing day. In fact, it’s a funny coincidence that a favourite blogger’s just made this post (much more elaborate though).

Thinking about how much you’re hurting just makes you more bitter and resentful so you just continue in your downward spiral.

The next step? Don’t just direct your focus somewhere else, but make the effort to behave generously even though you feel like doing the exact opposite. The bonus: you’ll be in a better mood from when you started. And that’s a good thing because moods are contagious!

‘* * *

On to some humour: My cousin regularly sends me these sexist jokes. Read and roll your eyes!

I.
Good news:
The Japanese have produced a high speed sports camera, that has such an amazingly fast shutter speed that it can take a picture of a woman with her mouth shut.



II.
Life mein hamesha hanste,
Gaate aur muskurate raho…
Taake tumhe dekhte hi log samajh jaaye ki…
.
..

….
…..
You’re unmarried!




III.
A husband gave the key of his new car to his wife with a warning:

“Darling, remember… if you meet with an accident, the newspapers will print your age!”




IV.
Boy’s vs. Girl’s brain:

Boy: How many apples can you eat on an empty stomach?

Girl: I can eat six apples

Boy: You can eat only 1 apple on an empty stomach because when you eat the second apple your stomach isn’t empty anymore! Ha!

Girl: Super joke! I’ll tell my friends!

Girl to her friend: How many apples can you eat on an empty stomach?

Friend: I can eat five

Girl: Hat yaar…! 6 bolti toh mast joke sunati thi…


:D
Ciaonara!

2 comments:

D said...

Anxiety Attackkk ?? Whats wrong with you ?

Zari said...

Aisa hota kabhi kabhi :) Yeverything good now alhamdulillah