Thursday, May 19, 2011

summertime

I often find myself opening up this website and drooling over all the beautiful rooms and houses. From there I often drift over to other design websites - and subhanallah, the creators are so talented! I especially love beds with white linen bedsheets,in a room with ethereally white walls, and then a sudden dash of colour, maybe through a bedspread or a headboard. Yesterday, at a fellow teammate's lunch treat the conversation got around to people who write holiday reviews for a living. Or a friend of a colleague who is a professional wine taster. . How I envy people who earn doing what they love!

<Blog below is a link I landed up at from the blog mentioned above. Don't you just love the template? And the general feel of it?>

Sent to you by Zari via Google Reader:

via Star Hughes Living by Star on 5/18/11

Well, I made it! Survived one of the most challenging school semesters to date, and I couldn't feel better! As long as I don't think about my three looming summer school classes… or three years of law school… I'm going to focus on the now.
What is most exciting is that finance…accounting…operations…economics… will never, ever again be a part of my life! I got my fill. And I am definitely done.

Summer Bucket List
Have a day devoted to watching romantic comedies in my pajamas. The entire day. Be a couch potato. Eat a 2-pound box of See's candies as I sob my way though the predictable happy endings that I adore. Spend another day watching the Oprah Winfrey Network. I'll need some way of coping with the end of her show.
Clean my room, car, closet, bathroom – everywhere that I have gradually been cluttering up throughout the past 5 months and only now have time to obsessively organize. Invest in a labelmaker.
Take advantage of the beautiful place I live! Learn how to surf – and not just in the whitewash. As a California native, this is a must. Also, get in on the new trend of stand-up surfing, aka paddleboarding, with my grandparents. Run on the beach. Yoga on the beach. Ignore the weird stares as people walk by my yoga poses.
Make a gourmet breakfast – and I'm not talking eggs and bacon, but the whole shebang. Homemade sticky buns, cinnamon rolls, fresh-squeezed juices, everything. Just to make up for any pounds I shed from all my surfing.
Go to lots of country concerts. I'm thinking Tim McGraw, The Band Perry, Luke Bryan, Sugarland, and Toby Keith. My cowboy boots will be getting a lot of use this summer. Speaking of country, see a drive-in movie from the bed of a truck. Also wearing cowboy boots. Indulge in milkshakes and burgers. (I must be hungry writing this list with all of these food references…)
The three C's: Cook, Craft, Create. Spend a day outside in the sun blasting the August Rush soundtrack while painting the most girly, dainty roses I can imagine. Keep up my adventures in cooking – watch out Julia Child! Get better at documenting my creations. And share all of this with you! I love blogging!
"We begin to find and become ourselves when we notice how we are already found, already truly, entirely, wildly, messily, marvelously who we were born to be."
— Anne Lamott
Image from Pinterest.

Things you can do from here:

No comments: