Monday, December 6, 2010

Notes to meself

Assalamualaikum :)
 
I feel the urgent need to post but I have only a few minutes before we leave for home.
 
Some notes from the weekend:
1. Sometimes it takes only the turning of a routine activity into a fun activity to make your husband really happy :)
2. We visited P bhai at the hospital. His progress has been unsteady what with having multiple infections, high fever and his only communication being limited to mumbling a few words we tried really hard to understand. His sister tried so hard to make him wish her a happy birthday and he did manage it after all, barely mumbling it... but what was beautiful was that when she asked him to press her hand, he held it tightly, brought it up to his lips and gave her a kiss on the back of her hand. It must be so painful to try to get your 40 year old brother to speak and not have him answer. I found myself wondering how we were so amazed that he finally did speak a few incoherent words when in a normal situation you would take the ability to speak completely for granted.
3. We had dinner at a Mut'am :D Yes, there's a restaurant here that has it's name written in Arabic. I just wanted to go there because I thought it would remind me of Dammam in some way. The food wasn't spectacular though
4. It's been raining here so heavily, the roads are flooded, people are wading through dirty, ankle/calf-deep water. Alhamdulillah for being able to travel in a car.
5. On Muslimmatters Open Thread I came across the article on facebook. I tend to waste a lot of time on facebook, especially given that I have so many 'friends' and I can read all their updates. For a second after reading that article, I thought I would go ahead and deactivate it immediately, but something in my mind (my nafs :|) said it would be too drastic. So for now I plan to do some 'trigger-happy' cutting off of people. Or maybe get another account that I can actually share my thoughts on.
6. I really really need the motivation to cook. Please help me :(
7. Nizha and I have decided that we'll do a month long developing habits run - waking up early and working out for 4 hours a week. I know once I wake up early, I can fit other things into my schedule like continuing the tafseer from Bayyinah, working out, making meals ready, and generally having a more meaningful life. I really, really want to make this work. Help me ya Allah, please.
 
Okay, now I'm too hungry to think. Ahbeback.

3 comments:

bucketofdreams said...

AssalamAlaikum!

You know, I was reading random posts and actually gasped out loud when I read Dammam. It's so good to see your sandy little city on the great big internet. *fondness* =)Born, bred and still here, btw =)

Argentyne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zari said...

wa alaikumassalam!

Really, that's so amazing :) Lucky to be still enjoying all of those luxuries :)